Desktop Software Developer (.Net Developer)
InvoDane Engineering a company of Intero Integrity is a world leader in applied R&D and innovative engineering. We take on challenges that other engineering companies would not dare to do. InvoDane is particularly known for providing unique and simple solutions to the engineering challenges of our clients. Robotics, non-destructive evaluation of pipelines, and associated equipment are our core disciplines. InvoDane comprises teams of electrical, mechanical, software, and physics engineers and technicians. This allows us to perform full cycle research and design in-house.
About our Teams
We're growing and looking for people who have the right stuff to join our Unique Ability Teams. Our engineering teams are centered around identifying individual strengths, constant learning and development of skills, and fostering an open and collaborative work environment. InvoDane employees often find themselves outside their technical comfort zone where they learn new and valuable skills. We aim to reduce barriers to progress in order to maximize innovation, efficiency, and quality of work.
About the Candidate
The ideal candidate has a solid foundation in engineering fundamentals, loves a technical challenge, has a creative mindset, and takes a logical and analytical approach to problem solving. Work here is rarely mundane. At InvoDane, we employ theoretical and empirical methods to find solutions. You will have the opportunity to see ideas come to life through the full development cycle from concept all the way to commissioning. If you are a hard-working, self-motivated individual who will thrive in this type of environment, we want to hear from you.
About the Job
We are seeking a Desktop Software Developer with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, and 6-8 years of relevant experience. The successful candidate will take on a lead role in all phases of our database system development, from requirements gathering through design, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of the client and server components.
- Design and implement front-end (user interface), back-end components, and the interfaces between them according to specifications from internal clients.
- Develop data models and UI mock-ups
- Work with end users to collect feedback and perform user acceptance testing
- Troubleshooting and maintenance (upgrade, recovery, data migration, etc.) for existing software
- Participate in code and design reviews
- Understand our business needs (manufacturing, sales, accounting, operations, logistics, engineering, etc.) and make suggestions for process improvements where appropriate
- Documentation of work to ensure proper understanding of software functionality and design intent
- Application development in .NET (C#)
- Graphical User Interface (GUI) design experience
- Data modelling with relational and object databases (MySQL, ORM)
- Reporting and data visualization tools (Tableau)
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills
- Take initiative and manage multiple tasks in a timely fashion
- Open minded and willing to learn
- Experience with Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks
- Experience designing and consuming REST APIs
- Experience developing Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) applications
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary job environment
Please send your CV and application letter by e-mail to Amanda Johnson, email@example.com. If you have any questions about this vacancy, please also contact Amanda Johnson.
Please note that we are not interested in working with recruitment agencies for this position.