Field Robotics Engineer
Pipetel Technologies a company of Intero Integrity is the leader in advanced-technology inline inspection services for challenging pipelines. We are the only company that can deploy EXPLORER™ — the most technologically-advanced ILI robot in the world. Highly specialized, fully articulated, and self-propelled, EXPLORER’s multipoint sensor arrays provide our analysts and clients with a wealth of diagnostic data, regardless of the difficulty or the circumstances of the inspection.
As a Field Robotics Operator, you will qualify, operate and maintain Pipetel’s fleet of inspection robots. Deployed across North America, our Operations Team delivers inspection services to our clients’ natural gas pipeline infrastructure using exceptional technology in a professional atmosphere. We not only get the job done, we get it done right. By realizing Pipetel’s mission to provide the most relevant data to our customers and improve the safety of pipelines worldwide, our Operations Team commits to protecting the environment and making peoples’ lives better.
- Work as a member of the Operations Team to inspect natural gas pipelines by operating our robotic pipeline inspection systems
- Perform routine maintenance and basic service repairs of various equipment and technologies
- Follow procedures and quality control protocols to ensure equipment is operating to its maximum potential
- Ensure areas and tools designated for service use are kept clean and organized
- Provide clear and accurate communication to your Team Lead and fellow team members to promote the success of the operation
- Generate various forms of documentation (e.g., Service Reports, Daily Logs, etc.) to ensure proper record keeping is maintained for follow-up
- Be ready and willing to take on challenges, to aid your team members in any way you can
- Be safety minded – safety comes first
- College diploma or University degree in a technical discipline.
Experience and Qualifications
- Valid Driver’s License (full G)
- Valid Canadian Passport and ability to legally obtain United States work permits
- Availability to travel up to 65% of the time within North America; ability to work non-standard workdays/hours as necessary
- Hands-on skills, mechanically inclined
- Computer skills including general computer activities, data entry, Microsoft Office
- Visualize objects in 3D (e.g., spatial sense, read assembly drawings, etc.)
- Prior experience in Field Operations
- Experience with pipeline infrastructures
- An interest or background related to robotics
- Troubleshooting experience (mechanical or electrical)
Pipetel proudly offers its full-time Employees:
- Competitive compensation and a bonus system based on company performance
- Engaging company culture that encourages teamwork and rewards both team and individual achievement
- Broad healthcare benefits coverage (including dental & vision), flexible working hours and paid vacation days
Please send your CV and application letter by e-mail to Amanda Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about this vacancy, please also contact Amanda Johnson.
Please note that we are not interested in working with recruitment agencies for this position.