Hardware Developer - Electrical
Intero Integrity is a fast-growing global company offering inspection, industrial and environmental services to the energy industry. We develop our own high-tech equipment and software and use this technology to execute projects worldwide. We support the energy industry to use natural resources efficiently, safely and responsibly. Together we get the job done and contribute to a safer and more sustainable world.
We're growing and looking for people who have the right stuff to join our Unique Ability Teams. Our engineering teams are centered around identifying individual strengths, constant learning and development of skills, and fostering an open and collaborative work environment. Intero employees often find themselves outside their technical comfort zone where they learn new and valuable skills. We aim to reduce barriers to progress in order to maximize innovation, efficiency, and quality of work.
We are seeking a Hardware Developer with relevant experience to become a member of our dynamic Unique Ability Team.
The idea candidate has a solid foundation in circuit design and electrical engineering fundamentals, a creative mindset, and takes an analytical approach to problem solving. As a hardware design engineer, you’d be working closely with our firmware, software and mechanical design groups as a multidisciplinary team focusing on robotics and battery powered systems.
A typical day on the electrical team at Intero can involve working with Altium and SPICE, designing new robotics systems with your colleagues, assembling the prototype of your new design, running tests in the laboratory or engineering shop, driving a 20-foot long and 1500lbs robot, researching new technologies, creating documents to help others understand what you’ve done, and/or writing some code. If any of those things sound interesting to you: read on!
- Analog & Digital Circuit design, schematic capture, and PCB layout using Altium Designer
- Circuit simulation, prototyping and testing using typical lab tools and analysis software
- Documentation of electrical designs, testing and assembly procedures
- Troubleshooting and root-cause analysis of issues in electrical systems
- Electrical hardware assembly design and manufacturing
- Design for manufacture and testing; DFX
- Peripheral Responsibilities
- Depending on available skills a candidate would also have opportunities to work on the following more specific aspects of a project:
- Python/Matlab scripting for simulation and scripted testing of robot modules
- Assembly, C/C++ embedded programming targeting Atmel & ARM devices
- Wireless communication and RF design and testing
- Support and development for automated equipment testing
- Participation in field-testing and on-site debugging of equipment
- FPGA / CPLD design from requirements to validation
- 3-5 years’ experience in hardware design, robotics, PCB design and/or embedded systems
- Experience with:
- Altium, OrCAD or similar for schematic capture and PCB Layout
- Circuit Simulation (e.g., SPICE, Altium)
- Digital and Analog design, various hardware communication protocols (I2C, TWI, SPI, CAN, Ethernet, PCIe, etc.)
- Battery powered systems (Li-ion, Li-polymer)
- Brushless DC Motor systems
- Prototyping & troubleshooting skills, e.g., laboratory tools, soldering, etc.
- Strong communication and technical writing skills
- Solid self-discipline and the ability to work both independently and within a team
- An inquisitive mentality: the desire to tinker and learn through experience
- Experience with Python, Matlab, or other scripting languages
- Embedded C or Assembly programming experience
- Experience with version control systems (SVN, git) and a love for clean & effective documentation
- Experience with Solidworks or similar mechanical CAD software
- Robotics and motion control experience
- Experience with Wi-Fi / Bluetooth hardware interfaces and RF design
- Knowledge of non-destructive testing techniques
- FPGA Design experience
- Knowledge of Xilinx/Altera (Intel) or similar chipsets
- Experience with VHDL/Verilog or similar languages
- Experience in the FPGA development lifecycle
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical and/or Computer Engineering
We are proud to offer our full-time Employees
- Competitive wages and a bonus system based on company performance
- Engaging company culture that encourages teamwork and rewards both team and individual achievement
- On-site gym with shower facilities
- Health & wellness program with broad healthcare benefits coverage (including dental & vision), flexible working hours and paid time off
If interested, please forward your resume/CV to email@example.com.