InvoDane Engineering, a subsidiary of Intero Integrity Services, is a world leader in applied R&D and innovative engineering and is particularly known for providing unique and simple solutions to the engineering challenges of our clients. Robotics, non-destructive evaluation of pipelines, and associated equipment are our core disciplines – teams of electrical, mechanical, software and physics engineers and technicians allow us to perform full cycle research and design in-house.
A typical day on the electrical team at InvoDane can involve working with Altium and SPICE, designing new robotics systems with your colleagues, assembling the prototype of your new design, running tests in the laboratory or engineering shop, driving a 20-foot long and 1500lbs robot, researching new technologies, creating documents to help others understand what you’ve done, and/or writing some code. If any of those things sound interesting to you: read on!
We are seeking an intermediate hardware engineer with relevant experience and skills to become a member of our dynamic Unique Ability Team. The idea candidate has a solid foundation in circuit design and electrical engineering fundamentals, a creative mindset, and takes an analytical approach to problem solving. As a hardware design engineer, you’d be working closely with our firmware, software and mechanical design groups as a multidisciplinary team focusing on robotics and battery powered systems.
- Analog & Digital Circuit design, schematic capture, and PCB layout using Altium Designer
- Circuit simulation, prototyping and testing using typical lab tools and analysis software
- Documentation of electrical designs, testing and assembly procedures
- Troubleshooting and root-cause analysis of issues in electrical systems
- Electrical hardware assembly design and manufacturing
- Design for manufacture and testing; DFX
Depending on available skills a candidate would also have opportunities to work on the following more specific aspects of a project:
- Python/Matlab scripting for simulation and scripted testing of robot modules
- Assembly, C/C++ embedded programming targeting Atmel & ARM devices
- Wireless communication and RF design and testing
- Support and development for automated equipment testing
- Participation in field-testing and on-site debugging of equipment
- FPGA / CPLD design from requirements to validation
- Bach or Master’s in Electrical and/or Computer engineering
- 3-5 years’ experience in hardware design, robotics, PCB design and/or embedded systems
- Experience with:
- Altium, OrCAD or similar for schematic capture and PCB Layout
- Circuit Simulation (e.g., SPICE, Altium)w
- Digital and Analog design, various hardware communication protocols (I2C, TWI, SPI, CAN, Ethernet, PCIe, etc.)
- Battery powered systems (Li-ion, Li-polymer)
- Brushless DC Motor systems
- Prototyping & troubleshooting skills, e.g., laboratory tools, soldering, etc.
- Strong communication and technical writing skills
- Solid self-discipline and the ability to work both independently and within a team
- An inquisitive mentality: the desire to tinker and learn through experience
- Experience with Python, Matlab, or other scripting languages
- Embedded C or Assembly programming experience
- Experience with version control systems (SVN, git) and a love for clean & effective documentation
- Experience with Solidworks or similar mechanical CAD software
- Robotics and motion control experience
- Experience with Wi-Fi / Bluetooth hardware interfaces and RF design
- Knowledge of non-destructive testing techniques
- FPGA Design experience
- Knowledge of Xilinx/Altera (Intel) or similar chipsets
- Experience with VHDL/Verilog or similar languages
- Experience in the FPGA development lifecycle
Please send your CV and application letter by e-mail to Amanda Johnson, email@example.com. If you have any questions about this vacancy, please also contact Amanda Johnson.
Please note that we are not interested in working with recruitment agencies for this position.