Accounts Payable Coordinator
Intero is seeking a passionate and experienced accounting professional to take care of the Accounts Payable responsibilities of our Canadian and American operations while we search for our permanent employee (which could also be you). The successful candidate will be a self-starter, able to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced, ever-evolving environment, with a minimum of 3-5 years of full cycle Accounts Payable experience. This role is best suited for someone with a positive outlook and can-do attitude who desires to excel in providing excellent results while showing care for our suppliers, employees, and other business partners.
- Responsible for accurate preparation and data entry of accounts payable invoices including appropriate approvals, GL coding, cost types and descriptions.
- Ensure all documents are processed in a timely manner in order to meet payment terms and reporting requirements.
- Answer all AP related questions and reconcile AP accounts.
- Prepare payment runs.
- Record and process cash disbursements relating to AP in Navision.
- Review processes and recommend changes to increase efficiency.
- Maintain organized, accurate Accounts Payable files.
- Release Purchase Orders and enter purchase invoices for both Canada and USA.
- Create new vendor cards in Navision as necessary.
- Complete EFT forms, credit applications, follow up on outstanding POs in Jarvis etc.
- Process staff expenses, credit card receipts and other documentation for billing purposes, including follow up to ensure timeliness in submission of expense reports.
- Reconcile company credit card accounts.
- Assist with clients’ requests relating to obtaining certificate of insurance, WSIB certificate and using the ISN portal to submit documents.
- Prepare information for audit requests.
- Manage AP email accounts and respond to inquiries.
- Handle incoming mail.
- Some reception duties.
- Provide exceptional customer service, over the phone and in person, with all contacts (internal and external).
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years similar accounting experience.
- Formal accounting training or equivalent experience.
- Experience using Microsoft 365 – Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to organize work efficiently.
- Ability to work well independently and with a team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise good judgement.
- Experience with Navision an asset.
- Flexibility of hours is required based on deadlines and business requirements.
If interested, please forward your resume/CV to InteroCanada-Recruiting@intero-integrity.com.