Electronics Hardware Design Engineer
Intero Integrity is a fast-growing global company offering inspection, industrial and environmental services to the energy industry. We develop our own high-tech equipment and software and use this technology to execute projects worldwide. We support the energy industry to use natural resources efficiently, safely and responsibly. Together we get the job done and contribute to a safer and more sustainable world.
About our Technology Center
The Technology Center designs and engineers Intero’s high-tech inspection robots, develops the software to operate them and trains our people to use the technology in the field. These compact, battery operated systems contain highly sensitive analog front-end electronics and high-speed digital signal processing, which need to operate for long duration in a harsh environment.
To support the growth of our Technology Center in the Netherlands, we are looking for an ambitious Electronics Hardware Design Engineer. You will become part of a close, diverse and multi-disciplinary team that is hand-on, engaged and result driven. You will be involved in innovative projects from start to finish: defining requirements, conceptual design, technical feasibility, low-level design, component and module testing followed by integration and system-testing. Soon after completing the prototype, you will see the system taken into production and into the field!
- Collaborate with engineers of other disciplines to find innovative solutions
- Participate in the conceptual design phase and with requirements engineering
- Create functional design and define sub-system architecture & specifications
- Take responsibility for the hardware design (components, schematics & PCB design)
- Assist the development of FPGA-code and/or microcontroller-code
- Create a test plan to verify the design and develop the test environment
- Bring up PCB, if needed with firmware / software engineers, to test full functionality
- Perform sub-system testing and assist the system integration
- After the prototype phase, assist in getting the systems production-ready
- Manage design file and design documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Embedded System Engineering, Automotive or a similar level achieved by experience and training
- 5+ years’ experience, of which at least 3+ in PCB design using Altium Designer
- Advanced in PCB design; component selection, schematic and PCB routing
- Experience with low-noise analog combined with high-speed digital signals
- Skilled in performing simulations and hands-on using test equipment
- Skilled in using various digital interfaces (SPI, I2C, UART, USB, Ethernet, LVDS)
- Enjoys solving challenges created by performance, space, low power and temperature
- Knowledge of designing PCB’s for challenging environments is a plus
- Knowledge of EMC/EMI is a plus
- Experience with embedded C for microcontrollers is a plus
- Experience with FPGA design using VHDL (Xilinx Vivado Design Suite) is a plus
- Experience with LabVIEW and/or C / C++ is a plus
- Good command of the English language, both spoken and written.
- Competitive compensation package
- Engaging company culture that encourages teamwork and rewards both team and individual achievement
- Flexible working hours and the ability to work from home for part of the week
- Opportunity to work on the complete design process from concept to realization as part of a great team.
Please send your CV and application letter by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact Claudia de Vette at email@example.com or +31 6 23418958.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies.