Embedded Systems Engineer (FPGA)
Intero Integrity is a fast-growing global company offering inspection, industrial and environmental services to the energy industry. We develop our own high-tech equipment and software and use this technology to execute projects worldwide. We support the energy industry to use natural resources efficiently, safely and responsibly. Together we get the job done and contribute to a safer and more sustainable world.
About our Technology Center
The Technology Center designs and engineers Intero’s high-tech inspection robots, develops the software to operate them and trains our people to use the technology in the field. These compact, battery operated systems contain highly sensitive analog front-end electronics and high-speed digital signal processing, which need to operate for long duration in a harsh environment.
To support the growth of our Technology Center in the Netherlands, we are looking for an ambitious Embedded Systems Engineer with a focus on FPGA design. You will become part of a close, diverse and multi-disciplinary team that is hand-on, engaged and result driven. You will be involved in innovative projects from start to finish: defining requirements, conceptual design, technical feasibility, low-level design, component and module testing followed by integration and system-testing. Soon after completing the prototype, you will see the system taken into production and into the field!
- Collaborate with engineers of other disciplines to find innovative solutions
- Participate in the conceptual design phase
- Create functional design and define sub-system architecture & specifications
- Participate in the hardware design of onboard electronics
- Create architecture & interfaces of functionality that will be implemented in FPGA, softcore or hardcore processor
- Take responsibility for the low-level design of the embedded system (VHDL / C-code)
- Create a test plan to verify the design and develop the test environment
- Together with hardware and software engineers, bring up board(s), sub-systems and system to verify functionality and performance
- Participate in the development and testing of software
- After the prototype phase, assist in getting the systems production-ready
- Manage design files, design documentation and releases.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Embedded System Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience of which at least 3+ in FPGA design using Xilinx ISE / Vivado
- Advanced in VHDL design and C-code for MicroBlaze softcore (Xilinx)
- Advanced in embedded C-code for various microcontrollers
- Advanced in using various digital interfaces (SPI, I2C, UART, USB, Ethernet, LVDS)
- Enjoys solving challenges created by complex signal processing and high data throughputs
- Experience with ARM Cortex-A9 based SoC (like Xilinx Zynq) is a plus
- Experience with DDR3/DDR4, USB3.0, 10 Gigabit Ethernet is a plus
- Experience with LabVIEW and/or C++ is a plus
- Good command of the English language, both spoken and written.
- Competitive compensation package
- Engaging company culture that encourages teamwork and rewards both team and individual achievement
- Flexible working hours and the ability to work from home for part of the week
- Opportunity to work on the complete design process from concept to realization as part of a great team.
Please send your CV and application letter by e-mail to email@example.com. If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact Claudia de Vette at firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 6 23418958.