NL - FPGA Engineer / Embedded Software Engineer
Intero Integrity Services BV specializes in providing services to the oil and gas industry. The Service Line Pipeline Inspection provides a complete package of services around pipeline inspection. The Service Line Tank Services provides a diverse package of services for storage tanks with a focus on inspection of the tank bottom using inspection robots.
The Technology Center is responsible for:
- Development of new inspection technologies;
- Design and engineering of high-tech inspection equipment and associated procedures and training;
- Development and maintenance of software for new and existing inspection equipment;
- Production of equipment and support to the operational units;
In order to realize the growth we are looking for an experienced electronics design engineer who wants to further specialize in embedded systems.
You work in a multidisciplinary team in which you share ideas and work together on technical solutions for our high-tech inspection systems. The electronics used in these systems become increasingly faster and smaller and are characterized by a mix of sensors, analog front-end and fast digital techniques including FPGA and (embedded) software. You report to the R&D Manager.
You design, implement and test hardware and firmware for (embedded) systems. Your focus will be on development using FPGA’s & microcontrollers. Projects typically start with defining requirements on system & module level where after you are highly involved in creating the system architecture & decomposition into hardware / firmware components of the on-board electronics. Within the team you design and develop FPGA code (VHDL) code and embedded software (embedded C). In smaller projects you may also perform the PCB design. Where applicable, you are highly involved in contact with third party suppliers. In addition to design and development, you are involved in drawing up test plans and performing tests. For these tests you create the required test environment (including software). After prototype phase, you are also involved in getting the systems production-ready.
You have a broad interest in technology and that is shown by education, experience and hobby. You are experienced in development using (Xilinx) FPGA using VHDL. Furthermore you have experience in programming assembly or embedded C for microcontrollers (like Xilinx MicroBlaze, ARM Cortex-M). Although you are part of a project team, you are capable of working independently and take responsibility for the tasks within your own discipline. Given the nature of the job you are punctual and you work very precisely.
Training and experience
- Completed Bachelor or Master degree in Electrical Engineering or Embedded System Engineering;
- Min. 5 years’ experience as electronics design engineer / embedded system engineer of which at least 3 years’ experience as FPGA developer using VHDL (preferably Xilinx Vivado Design Suite);
- Experience with Xilinx MicroBlaze softcore microprocessor (C code);
- Experience with assembly or embedded C for microcontrollers (like ARM Cortex-M);
- Advanced in using various common digital interfaces (SPI, I2C, UART, USB, Ethernet, LVDS), both from a VHDL perspective as from controlling by uC;
- Experience in PCB design (schematic, PCB layout & testing) is a plus;
- Knowledge or experience with ARM Cortex-A9 based SoC (like Xilinx Zync) is a plus;
- Knowledge or experience with LabVIEW and/or C / C ++ is a plus;
- Good command of the English language, both spoken and written;
- Location: Tricht, the Netherlands.
Interested in this role? Please contact Ellen Schotman via