Scientific Software Engineer
Intero Integrity is a fast-growing global company offering inspection, industrial and environmental services to the energy industry. We develop our own high-tech equipment and software and use this technology to execute projects worldwide. We support the energy industry to use natural resources efficiently, safely and responsibly. Together we get the job done and contribute to a safer and more sustainable world.
About our Technology Center
The Technology Center designs and engineers Intero’s high-tech inspection robots and develops the data analysis software to analyze the inspection data. To support the growth of our Technology Center in the Netherlands, we are looking for an ambitious Scientific Software Engineer.
You will become part of a close, diverse and multi-disciplinary team that is hand-on, engaged and result driven. You will focus on optimizing the data-analysis process by enhancing algorithms and automation within the data analysis software. This requires a multi-disciplinary approach where your specialist know-how on signal processing, computer graphics, image processing and artificial intelligence will be used to create innovative solutions. You reach out to the data analysis team to discuss ideas and solutions, and you maintain the feedback loop which is essential for the development cycle.
- Identify areas of improvement and participate in ideation phase
- Develop new functionality and create test environment together with other engineers
- Collaborate with data-analysis team for testing, improving and validation
- Maintain the test environment and test data used to demonstrate new functionality
- Deliver and maintain software components that can be directly implemented or assist the software team to decompose and implement the new functionality
- Assist the data analysis team throughout the testing and validation process
- Active to participate in the feedback loop from data analysis team and pro-active to support continuous improvement cycles
- Assist (project) managers in defining the data processing automation roadmap and detailing the roadmap into project-deliverables
- A master’s degree such as computer science and engineering, data science, applied mathematics or applied physics
- In-depth knowledge of signal processing, computer graphics and image processing
- Knowledge of artificial intelligence, experience with deep learning networks is a plus
- Good understanding of software engineering principles
- Experience with LabVIEW or willing to learn
- Experience with C / C++ / Python is a plus
- Experience with cloud computing is a plus
- Interest in physic and sensor technology
- Team player with strong communications skills
- Good command of English, both spoken and written
- Competitive compensation package
- Engaging company culture that encourages teamwork and rewards both team and individual achievement
- Flexible working hours and the ability to work from home for part of the week
- Opportunity to work on exciting R&D projects from start to finish as part of a great team
Please send your CV and application letter by e-mail to email@example.com. If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact Claudia de Vette via firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 6 23418958.
Please note that we are not interested in working with recruitment agencies for this position.