Toronto - Project Manager PMO
Intero Integrity Services is a world leader in applied R&D and innovative engineering and is particularly known for providing unique and simple solutions to our clients’ challenges. Robotics, non-destructive evaluation of pipelines, and associated equipment are our core disciplines – teams of electrical, mechanical, software, and physics engineers and technicians allow us to perform full cycle R&D, testing and manufacturing in-house.
The Project Manager PMO is a member of the Project Management Office (PMO) of Intero Technology Center (TC). The TC is the R&D department of Intero Integrity Services, and responsible for the development of inspection systems for the various Intero business lines. The Technology Center is based in two locations: Tricht (the Netherlands) and Toronto (Canada).
The TC is organized as a matrix. On one axis, the various engineering disciplines are represented (Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Data Science, Software). On the other axis, the Project Management Office (PMO) is responsible for project delivery. The Project Manager is part of the PMO and reports to the Manager PMO.
The Project Manager PMO is responsible for the delivery of R&D projects within time, budget and quality constraints. Depending on the nature of the projects (Research, Development, Engineering), the project manager can adopt management styles that meet the projects need.
Projects are either internally funded or externally funded. For externally funded projects, the project manager acts as the interface between the project and the external parties. As determined by business and/or client needs, the PM may be required to manage more than one project at a time, or may be required to manage a program of related projects.
Based on the needs in the organization:
- Create project charter and assemble core project team
- Gather and manage, together with System Engineers, core team members, and the Subject Matter Experts, the project deliverables
- Determine the required skills, assumptions and dependencies to deliver the project
- Create an unconstrained baseline plan and budget, based on the required project deliverables, including milestones and deadlines (throw a dart)
- Facilitate iterations of baseline plan in converting it from unconstrained to constrained, balancing needs of clients, the business and all stakeholders
- Write and manage the detailed project plan prior to proceeding with work
Manage the day-to-day project activities:
- Chair project team progress meetings and document detailed notes , including action items with due dates, which will stand as the record of weekly progress
- Measure and monitor progress
- Create and proactively manage the risk log, soliciting inputs from stakeholders
- Create and manage the issue log
- Manage stakeholders, interfaces and dependencies
- Report monthly the project progress towards the manager PMO and other stakeholders
- Review and update the progress and planning, together with the Engineering team leads on a weekly basis
- Create and manage project changes
- Perform any other project related duties when needed
- Organize and chair stage gate review meetings
- Identify performance gaps to functional leads, request additional support and/or change of core team member if project will be at risk
- Manage work to be outsourced to third parties, if applicable to the domain of the Project Manager
- Plan project close activities
- Write project close-out documentation
- Chair close out meeting, record and update lessons learned log
- Mange the hand-over of project deliveries to the appropriate stakeholders, including signed acceptance package
Experience and Qualifications
- Holds a bachelor's or master's degree in engineering or science
- Has good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knows how to work in a multi-cultural and international organization
- Has minimum 5 years of experience managing complex multi-year projects, involving both hardware and software, in an enterprise environment
- Holds a certification on one or more of the project management methodologies (PMI, IPMA, Prince2)
- Is familiar with monitoring project progress metrics (Earned Value method)
- Should have basic understanding of, how to create business case, profit and loss statement, cash flow
- Is fluent in English
- Has a basic understanding of quality tools, and/or is willing to learn
- Is an excellent negotiator and manages conflict well
- Thinks and lives in the future, is always proactive, anticipates and mitigates failures before they occur
We are proud to offer our Employees
- Competitive compensation and a bonus system based on company performance
- Engaging company culture that encourages teamwork and rewards both team and individual achievement
- Health wellness program with broad healthcare benefits coverage (including dental & vision), flexible working hours and paid vacation days.
If interested, please forward your resume/CV to email@example.com.