Scientific Software Engineer (Technical Lead)
As you may have read on our website, Intero Integrity Service provides a diverse package of services for storage tanks with a focus on inspection of the tank bottom using inspection robots.
Within our own Technology Center we work on:
- Development of new inspection technologies;
- Design and engineering of high-tech inspection equipment and associated procedures and training;
- Development and maintenance of software for new and existing inspection equipment;
- Production of equipment and support to the operational units;
- The Technology Center is housed at head office in Tricht.
In order to realize the growth of the Technology Center, we are looking for various enthusiastic professionals. You will work in a multidisciplinary environment in which you share information and ideas and work together on a technical solution.
We dealing with big data. The Lead Data Scientist will work on the interface between software engineering, R&D and the Data Analysts. You will contribute to the development of algorithms and software components for new inspection systems and software for post-inspection, data processing, analysis and reporting.
You will work in the Data Science team on the development of methodologies and technologies for the processing and analyzing inspection data. The focus is on optimization and automation of data processing to visualize and analyze the data. This will be done in alignment with the business process, further improvements of our data processing automation roadmap and execution of that roadmap.
This requires a multi-disciplinary approach where your specialist know-how on signal processing, computer graphics, image processing and artificial intelligence will be utilized to deliver solutions. You will be supported by other scientific software engineers. Your ideas and views will be implemented by yourself, or you can delegate the implementation to the other engineers. Besides your strong in-depth know-how, you obtain the skills to capture the requirements from our business process and translate them to the roadmap and project deliverables.
The solutions can be implemented in various ways: Embedded (FPGA), server-side or desktop application, depending on your judgment driven by efficiency and feasibility.
- Owner of the Data Processing Automation Roadmap (responsible for implementation and continuous improvement)
- Translation of the roadmap towards project-deliverable work packages
- Guiding and coaching of the other software scientists
- Delivery of algorithms, demonstrator applications and software components for implementation by the Software development team
The following preliminary training and required experience:
- A university (Master) degree in Computer Science and Engineering, Data Science and Technology, Data Science in Engineering, Applied Mathematics or Applied Physics
- In-depth knowledge of signal processing, computer graphics, image processing and artificial intelligence
- Knowledge or interest in Physics, Mathematics and Sensor technology
- In-depth knowledge of Software Engineering
- Good communicative skills in English, both spoken and written
- A technical, professional and challenging work environment
- Witness your vision being materialized and implemented in an operational environment
- Market-compliant employment conditions
- Possibilities for profession-oriented studies and certification
- Location: Tricht, the Netherlands
Interested? We’d love to receive your application or any questions you may have via HR@intero-integrity.com