CA, Toronto - Technical Writer (part-time)
Technical Writer (part-time)
Intero Integrity Services is the world’s only inspection and industrial services specialist to combine innovative technologies, critical insights, state of the art equipment and advanced data management with a streamlined project approach. We are an agile company with a sizable backing and an enhanced management team dedicated to redefining asset performance. Intero is dedicated to significantly increasing the lifetime and performance of industrial assets and installations. By combining our extensive range of inspection and industrial solutions, we can create unique packages and turnkey solutions, adding value in keeping industrial assets safe and efficient.
Due to our rapid growth, Intero Integrity Services North America is searching for Technical Writer (part time) for our Toronto, Ontario, Canada location.
Intero Integrity is the leader in advanced-technology inline inspection services for challenging pipelines. We are the only company that can deploy EXPLORER™ — the most technologically-advanced ILI robot in the world. Highly specialized, fully- articulated, and self-propelled, EXPLORER’s multipoint sensor arrays provide our analysts and clients with a wealth of diagnostic data, regardless of the difficulty or the circumstances of the inspection.
As a Technical Writer, you will have proven success in a highly technical field, such as software development, or engineering. Also important in this role are an ability to evaluate and analyze complex information and a natural desire to help people understand it.
- Outline, write, and edit content, working closely with various departments to understand project requirements
- Gather information from subject-matter experts and develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation
- Create, and maintain information templates that adhere to organizational standards and allow for easy data migration
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with consistent voice across all documentation
- Two or more years of experience as an effective technical writer
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex subject matter
- Experience in writing documentation and procedure manuals for various audiences
- Superb written communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience in working with engineers to improve user experience (ex: design, UI), refine content, and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in cloud or client-based applications for word processing and/or presentation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Nice to have
- Experience in using XML tools to create documentation
- Previous experience in software development
- An understanding of SDLC (systems development lifecycle)
- College diploma or University degree in a technical discipline.
If interested, please forward your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.